While walking through my local HEB on Sunday, I figured I should get something to make for dinner and decided on beef stew. I’ve made a roast before but I don’t know that I’ve ever made a beef stew so I took a moment to add some key ingredients I knew I didn’t have at home to my list. Here’s what I did when I got home:
1 Pot Beef Stew
1 lb beef chunks (I used pre-cut stew beef)
1 celery, including leaves
2 bay leaves
Salt & pepper
1. I coated the dried beef chunks (pre-cut) in flour and sautéed in the pot I was making the stew in (yes, this is a one pot dish!!).
2. I chopped up my veggies.
Carrots (I used 3)
Potatoes (I used 3)
Onion (I used 1)
Celery (I used 1, including leaves)
Leeks (I used 1 – cut open and wash each piece very carefully. It holds a lot of dirt.)
3. I turned the heat back on and deglazed the pan with some red wine and beef stock (I thawed leftover stock from a previous meal). I added salt, pepper, two bay leaves, basil (dried) & rosemary (dried) at this point as well.
4. All the veggies and meat go in the pot.
5. Cover and cook on medium high heat.
6. The veggies are tender so it’s ready to eat!
7. Final product: